This recipe is fantastic. It is very rich, and much better than from a packet.
The quantities are partly American style (cups), and partly European.
- Melt 375g of butter or margarine.
- Add this to 3 cups of sugar, 2¼ cups of plain flour,
6 eggs, and 6 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a large flat oven-proof dish.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes (exactly
how long depends on your dish, and how deep the mixture is).
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in about 4 tablespoons of hot coffee.
- Add the liquid to 250g of icing sugar & 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Add 1½ teaspoons of vanilla essence.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spread the icing over the top of the brownies, once they are cooked and cooled.