Bread & Butter Pudding
Serves 6 People
This is something we often had for dessert when I was a child. Traditionally it is made with left-over stale bread.
Bread And Butter Pudding
- 4 slices toast bread, buttered and cut into triangles. Alternatively you can use raisin bread, avoiding the need for the currants.
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind.
- 2 tablespoons currants.
- 3 eggs.
- ¼ cup sugar.
- 2 cups milk.
- Layer bread triangles, currants, sugar and lemon rind in an ovenproof dish.
- Beat eggs and milk together and pour it over the bread layers.
- Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 180 °C for 30 minutes or until golden and set,
- Optionally, dust with icing sugar before serving.